ASHRAE Installs New Officers, Directors.
ASHRAE has installed new officers and directors for
2014-15 at its Annual Meeting held here June 28-July 2.
The new president is Thomas H. Phoenix, P.E., Fellow
ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment and
Building Energy Modeling Professional, principal and
vice president, Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates,
Greensboro, N.C. His presidential theme is People,
He says, “People, passion and performance are three
things that come to mind when I think about ASHRAE.
Thanks to our 53,000 members around the globe, ASHRAE is
building a worldwide best practices network of
innovative people and successful technologies to serve
the built environment community.
Our membership also has great passion – I see that in
how much time and dedication our people give to helping
write standards, develop research, guide in policy and
procedure, etc. Together, our people plus their passion
ensures performance – whether that’s improving the
performance of our great Society or improving the
performance of building stock around the world.”
continues below ↓
your ad here
Other officers installed for a one-year term are:
• President-Elect: T. David Underwood, P.Eng., Fellow
ASHRAE, Life Member, ASHRAE-Certified Commissioning
Process Management Professional, Oakville, Ontario,
• Treasurer: Timothy G. Wentz, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE,
ASHRAE-Certified High Performance Building Design
Professional, associate professor, University of
Nebraska – Lincoln, Neb.
• Vice President: Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE,
assistant vice president (Facilities Management and
Planning), Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
• Vice President: Charles “Chuck” E. Gulledge III, P.E.,
Member, ASHRAE-Certified High Performance Building
Design Professional, senior mechanical engineer, AC
Corporation, Greensboro, N.C.
• Vice President: Bjarne W. Olesen, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE,
Life Member, professor, Technical University of Denmark,
Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
• Vice President: James K. Vallort, Fellow ASHRAE,
senior vice president, Environmental Systems Design,
ASHRAE installed the following directors to serve a
three-year term from 2014-2017:
• Region VII Director and Region Chair: Larry J. Fisher,
founder, ECT Services, Louisville, Ky.
• Region VIII Director and Regional Chair: William K.
Klock, P.E., vice president, EEA Consulting Engineers,
• Region IX Director and Regional Chair: Blake E. Ellis,
P.E., principal, Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, Mo.
• Region X Director and Regional Chair: Karine Leblanc,
sales engineer, U.S. Air Conditioning Distributors, City
of Industry, Calif.
• Region-at-Large: Farooq Mehboob, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE,
Life Member, owner, S. Mehboob and Co., Consulting
Engineers, Karachi, Pakistan
• Director-at-Large: Mark W. Fly, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE,
director of engineering and government affairs, AAON,
• Director-at-Large: Daniel Int-Hout III, Fellow ASHRAE,
Life Member, chief engineer, Krueger, Richardson, Texas
• Director-at-Large: Mick Schwedler, P.E., manager,
applications engineering, Trane, La Crosse, Wis.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a global society
advancing human well-being through sustainable
technology for the built environment. The Society and
its more than 50,000 members worldwide focus on building
systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality,
refrigeration and sustainability. Through research,
standards writing, publishing, certification and
continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built
environment today. More information can be found at